Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Breaking Bad" and Birthday wishes

How do I put in words how much I love this tv show? Season three started this past Sunday, and the AMC drama is back with a vengeance. From the opening moments when people were oddly crawling on the ground, to that incendiary finale, I was totally hooked.

Bryan Cranston is nothing short of superb as a former chemistry teacher, now drug kingpin. Watching his Walter White change over the last two seasons has been fascinating. I also really enjoy Anna Gunn as Walter's wife Skyler. She's more than just a wronged woman and protective mother. Also, hats of to producer, Vince Gilligan (he used to work on the "X-Files"). He's steering this show in incredible and strange directions, making it so much more than just another drama. Whew!

 And...a big "Happy Birthday" to my niece Kira! I can't believe how the time has flown. I remember the cute little eskimo-looking bundle that came in to the world 20 years ago today (see photo at left) and contrast that with the lovely, tough, fast talking young woman I see today. Good job, Jenny and Kirk. She is quite amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment