Sunday, March 7, 2010

"Oscar, Oscar! Who Will Win?"

For some reason the silly little ditty that Billy Crystal sang when he hosted the Oscars is going through my head today. Yes, it's Oscar night, and tonight should (hopefully) be a different sort of show.

Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin are hosting the 82nd Annual Academy Awards and I'm not sure what to expect. They both can be funny, but for three-plus hours? Adam Shankman, whom I've come to love as a judge on "So You Think You Can Dance?," is a co-producer of the show. Let's hope the dance numbers look great.

I'm hoping for wins by Christoph Waltz, Mo'Nique, Kathryn Bigelow, Sandra Bullock (sorry, Meryl), Jeff Bridges and "The Hurt Locker" in the major categories, but there's nothing like a good ol' upset. And I hope "Avatar" cleans up in the technical categories, it certainly deserves that. Best picture? Not so much.

Time to go prepare. I started watching "The Hurt Locker" last night and need to finish before the ceremony starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment