Saturday, October 10, 2009

"The Legend of the Thermos Museum"


So goes the legend, told by friend Nick and my cousin Melina, of a "Thermos Museum" located in mysterious Bremerton.

I was not sure if such a thing could possibly exist, but today sister Jenny and I travelled by ferry boat to the wonderous land of fountains, Pyrex and (after a short drive) a little cafe with a groovy-looking van out front. Not until I sat down, took a glance at the breakfast menu and then looked up, did I realize that everything I'd heard was true.

Thermoses everywhere. On shelves high and low. Lunchboxes and a surfboard too. Breakfast was great. The company even better, and in the restroom there was a special treat. Just look for the small sign marked "Disco switch."

As we made the return ferry-trip aboard the mighty Hyak. I vowed someday I will return. Oh Hi-Lo's 15th Street Cafe, you are a thing of wonder.

And take heed, oh unbelieving city-dweller. The overheard whispers of this legendary place are more than mere folly.

No comments:

Post a Comment