Sunday, October 4, 2009

This is how you sing "Haben Sie Gehoert Das Deutsche Band"


Things I will remember about "The Producers" (we closed today). In no particular order.

Sitting and shooting the bull with Ryan and Buddy in the dressing room during the opening numbers.

The opening strains of my "Old Bavaria" number and audience reaction to the pigeons. My two fingered gesture for the "two coats" line. Always got a great laugh. "Der Guten Tag Hop Clop" (all the while thinking...will I remember all the hand gestures?).

Watching the end of the "Keep It Gay" scene with Josh in full Indian headress, Adam as Sabu and everyone in the conga line. The clomp clomp of the walkers at the beginning of "Along Came Bialy." My one-winged plastic pigeon that I carry out for the Act I finale. And singing that finale. What a joyous experience!

The audition scene in Act II, the tassels and getting to sing "Haben Sie Gehoert Das Deutsche Band" downstage center. Singing "You Never Say Good Luck on Opening Night" with Buddy, Ryan and Justin. Josh indicating the very last sound of glass breaking backstage after my character breaks his leg.

"Springtime for Hitler" (nuff said). Hopping around onstage with a crutch and the ever unpredictable gun.

The curtain call and that "Goodbye!" number.

Sigh. Thanks to the amazing cast and crew and all involved at SMT. I will cherish this one for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment